Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Eva’s Latest Endeavors


~Eva’s very good at fetching.  She would make a really good Golden Retriever.  I can always count on her to eagerly dash off to fetch me things at my request.  She’s very eager to please and loves when we’re proud of her, which consequently means she’s devastated when we’re not.  She frequently melts down in the middle of disciplining.
~She’s our little thief.  All the cupboards have safety latches, yet somehow she manages to “steal” snacks out of them all day long.  Just this morning I walked in to find her sitting and snacking on a kitchen floor covered in pretzels.
~She’s a hugger.  She’ll sprint in your direction for no particular reason just to throw her arms around you in a big bear hug and then doesn’t want to let go.  She’s always been my cuddlier baby.
~Eva’s a busy little thing with tons of energy.  I can always count on her to completely trash her toy closet in a matter of minutes.  She has a significantly shorter attention span than her sister which means that she’s constantly looking for something new for her to make a mess of.
~She’s already discovered the art of distraction.  When she’s being disciplined she immediately changes the subject in the hopes that the scolding will stop. 
~My obsession with shoes is not lost of Eva.  She digs in my closet and then puts on a fashion show of her favorite finds.  She’s even begun to master the art of walking in heels.  I have to say I’m rather impressed.
~Neither of my girls have very praiseworthy table manners, but I’m pretty sure Eva’s the instigator.  She has a knack for throwing everything she’s not interested in on the floor and then encourages Leila to join in on the fun.  When she runs out of things on her plate she likes to climb out of her highchair (she wiggles her teeny little hips out of the straps) and begin to throw all the items out of the fruit bowl that sits in the center of the table onto the floor.
~Eva loves her Sleep Sack.  I was sure those things would’ve been retired a year ago, but she just thinks it’s so cool.  She’d probably wear it around the house all day if I’d let her.  When I ask her if I can take it off she tends to dramatically throws her head to the side and says “No!” and then runs away.
~She’s still a good two inches taller than her sister but a skinny little thing.  Despite her couple inches on Leila they still weigh the same.
~Those that know me know that I am not a fan of clutter and messes (a trait I’m sure I inherited from my mother).  I rarely leave the house before every bed is made, every toy put away, the table is cleared, the sink is empty, etc.  Well, unbeknownst to me, Eva has already inherited this trait.  On the rare occasions that I try to get us out of the house before the table is cleared or her toys are put away she freaks out starts jumping up and down and frantically trying to put everything away that’s not in its proper place.  Oh gosh, what have I started?!

No comments:

Post a Comment