Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Leila's Latest Endeavors


~She’s completely fascinated with colors.  Her favorites are green, orange and pink.  No matter where we are or what we’re doing she likes to point out all the colors she sees.
~She’s starting to count and say her alphabet a teeny bit.  Kyle and I had no clue she was at all compatible of doing either, so we were floored when she started counting to three or telling us what letter comes next. 
~She has an obsession with Elmo.  Oh yea, and Abby Cadabby, Grover, Zoe, Cookie Monster.  Pretty much anything Sesame Street.  It's not at all unusually if out of nowhere she drops everything, runs up to the TV, and start jumping up and down in circles asking for "Elmo?! Elmo?! Elmo?! Elmo?!"
~She loves taking care of her baby dolls.  She’ll hold them against her shoulder while bouncing up and down and saying “shh” as if to calm them down.  I also find her sitting in the dark in the rocker in her bedroom cradling her baby doll as she rocks back and forth.  One day she laid her baby doll down on the floor pulled out a diaper and the wipes and proceeded to “change” her diaper.
~Before bed she always asks for Jesus, which she means she wants Mommy to sing the Primary song "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus".  I'm rarely in tune, but she always seems to enjoy my little solo anyway.
~She hates sleeping in pants.  She takes them off almost immediately after getting in her crib.  One day I said goodnight and walked out of the room then suddenly remembered I forgot something.  I walked back in, no joke, less than 10 seconds later and her pants were already off.
~She’s one of those little kids that seems to have springs in her feet.  Walking somewhere takes at least twice as long because she loves to jump her way there instead.  I'm probably not helping matters by chanting "Higher, higher, higher!" every time she starts.  (Gotta build up those quadriceps.)  If we had more space we definitely get a trampoline.
~She LOVES yogurt smoothies.  The other morning she randomly woke up hours early and when I went in to see what was the matter she said "ogurt pleeeeeease".  Lovely, that's exactly what I wanted to do at 6 in the morning.
~I like to call Leila my Little Bean because she's a good two inches shorter than her sister.  She likes to make up for it with extra spunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment