Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What's New With Leila and Eva

Despite their vastly different personalities there are quite a few aspects of life where they've managed to be on the same page.
~Potty training.  They both love stripping down and sitting on the toilet, but when it comes to actually going potty while sitting there they’re just not interested.  They much prefer sitting atop their throne and just admiring the view.  Oh well.  All in due time.
~I’ve had two little sleeping beauties pretty much from day one, but these last few months I’m starting to feel like I have two teenagers instead of two toddlers.  They've taken it to a whole new level lately.  They head to bed at 8:00 p.m. and this morning they didn’t wake up until 9:30 a.m.  Imagine all the things I can get done in the morning!  (That is, if I wasn’t opting to sleep in myself.)  Plus, they still nap for 3 hours every afternoon. 
~So not only have they picked up my sleeping habits but apparently my shopping habits as well.  They frequently exclaim “Shop, shop!” as we pull up to Target or the mall.
~We love to frequent the local community center pool and the girlies favorite part is the huge waterslide.  They just can’t get enough.  Thus far in life they’re both quite fearless, which definitely means we have to keep a close eye on them.  
~They’re big fans of church.  Whenever we drive anywhere in the direction of the building Leila always asks “Church?”  They both start squealing when we pull into the parking lot of Sundays.  They haven’t fully grasped the concept of reverence which means they’re usually terrorizing the families in the pews in front or behind us during sacrament meeting, but we’re working on it.  Luckily now they both enjoy nursery.  Leila ran right in the first week without a care in the world.  Eva took a little longer to warm up to the idea, but now it’s usually smooth sailing.
~Both girlies love to talk.  Kyle tends to come home from work and immediately turn on the TV.  I say "please no, that is one source of noise in the house that I can turn off."  When it comes to Leila I can understand about 80%.  When it comes to Eva it’s more like 20%.  It’s like she has her own little language that makes perfect sense in her head and she doesn’t understand for the life of her why no one else gets it.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for clueing us in that you were updating again! You're on my "blogroll" which means I think very highly of you, but I hadn't checked for updates in awhile because it had been...ahem...a year or so? Heh. Your girls are beautiful and it's great to learn about their personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm personally a big fan of kyleandkandacelewis blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete