Saturday, February 12, 2011

Look Who's Two!

My little monkeys turned two last month.  Which means we definitely have two full-blown toddlers running around our house these days.  Long gone are the days of babas and Baby Einstein.  Now I am greeted each morning with demands for a glass of milk and Elmo (most of the time before I've even gotten a chance to brush my teeth).  Luckily we're still in cribs, so those demands don't come by way of two toddlers scaring the heck out of me by creeping up next to my bed each morning...at least not yet.  I'm still nervously awaiting for the day that happens though.  Leila climbed/fell out of her crib a couple weeks ago, but I'm pretty sure it scared the heck out of her, because she has yet to repeat the venture.  I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Since I love entertaining I couldn't resist throwing a little celebration for them.  They still don't really grasp the concept of a party, but they have the present thing down pat.



We're still trying to finish off the leftover candy. 



I got a little bored during nap time one day, so I thought I'd try my hand at a birthday banner.  It turned out pretty cute considering I was making it up as I went.


Barely any guests had arrived and they were already itching to open presents.


It was a birthday brunch, so the menu consisted of a French toast souffle with buttermilk syrup, fresh fruit with a French cream dip, and maple glazed bacon.  I know, it sounds super kid-friendly, right?  Luckily all the kiddos loved it.



Leila was very excited to try out her new stylish sunglasses and backpack.



2 comments:

  1. The custest little girl party for the cutest little girls! BTW... keep them in cribs for as long as possible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leila looks like a total diva! And the brunch spread sounds amazing. Good job!

    ReplyDelete